I’m excited to be speaking at several conferences and meetups over the next few months. Unsurprisingly, the topic will be Apache Kafka!
If you’re at any of these, please do come and say hi :)
Apache Kafka Meetup - London
My first time talking at the London Apache Kafka Meetup - always a sold-out crowd, this will be fun!
- September 20th, 19:00 : Look Ma, no Code! Building Streaming Data Pipelines with Apache Kafka
- Slides are available here
Oracle OpenWorld - San Francisco
This will be my second time at OOW - I wrote up my previous trip here
Oct 1st, 10:45 EOUC Database ACES Share Their Favorite Database Things (SUN2413) (Marriott Marquis (Golden Gate Level) - Golden Gate C1/C2)
Oct 1st, 13:45 : Kafka’s Role in Implementing Oracle’s Big Data Reference Architecture (SUN6259) (Marriott Marquis (Yerba Buena Level) - Salon 12)
Oct 4th, 15:30 An Enterprise Databus: Oracle GoldenGate in the Cloud Working with Kafka and Spark (CON6895) (Moscone West - Room 3003)
Oak Table World - San Francisco
Oak Table World is awesome–go along if you can make it, as it is literally just next door to OOW itself. I’m really honoured to speaking here with my colleague Gwen Shapira.
- Oct 2nd - 14:30 What’s this stream processing thing anyway?
Hadoop User Group - Dublin
- October 19th, 18:00: Look Ma, no Code! Building Streaming Data Pipelines with Apache Kafka
DOAG - Nuremberg
My first time presenting in Germany - looking forward to this!
- November 23rd, 16:00 Building a Real-Time Streaming Platform with Oracle, Apache Kafka, and KSQL
UKOUG - Birmingham
There was lots of interest in Kafka last year - I’ve got my fingers crossed for a room with bigger capacity ;)
December 4th, 17:55 ETL in the Streaming Age : Building Kafka Pipelines from Oracle
December 5th, 09:00 - Building a Real-Time Streaming Platform with Oracle, Apache Kafka, and KSQL